Benefits & HR Software for Everyone
Let NHA Navigator simplify your life by streamlining your new hire on-boarding, benefits enrollment, ACA compliance, PTO tracking, employee terminations, and so much more! It’s an easy to use system for both employers and employees.
Why employees love it:
- On-Boarding- An employee’s first day should be exciting, not bogged down with a stack of paperwork to complete. Instead, direct them to NHA Navigator to view/complete all new hire information (I-9, W-4, company handbook, etc.) right online.
- Paperless Enrollment- It’s common for employers to have different lines of insurance with different carriers (ex: medical with Anthem, vision with VSP, dental and life with Lincoln). The days of having to complete three-four different insurance applications are over! Employees simply login and make their elections, and they’re done.
- Empower Employees- NHA Navigator’s easy to use portal allows employees to make benefit elections, request time off, access compliance documents, view/update personal and dependent information.
Why employers love it
- Streamline Employee Management- View employee profiles, update compensation, view benefit elections, total compensation statements, PTO tracking, etc. all in one place.
ACA Compliance- Navigator allows employers to track variable hour employees and be notified when an employee becomes eligible, make sure your plan is meeting affordability requirements, track and handle 1094 & 1095 reporting.
- Efficient- Manage your interactions in one place so you can spend more time growing your business and less time on a manual process. You’ll save time with the paperless enrollment process. You no longer have to worry about handing out, collecting, and returning completed applications.Just direct them to the system, and when they make their elections they will be enrolled! Don’t worry, you can view their elections and make payroll updates at any time.
- Reporting- There are dozens of templates already available, and/or you can build your own custom report on just about anything!
Call or email us to see a demo of NHA Navigator!
2017 Health Care Reform Checklist
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is still the law of the land. We thought it would be helpful to give you a checklist to make sure you remain complaint with the ACA in 2017. Enjoy!
ERISA Compliance Solution!
The Employee Retirement income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) requires group health plans to have a written plan document in place, and to provide a summary plan description (SPD) to plan participants upon enrollment in the plan, along other items.
The written plan document is the instrument by which the plan administrator must operate the plan. The SPD is the instrument by which plan notifies the participants of the plan’s terms, such as plan eligibility, funding, contributions and benefits. The plan document and the SPD should be consistent, but are two different documents, and are both required by ERISA.
Penalties for non-compliance can be substantial. ERISA has been around since 1974, but the Department of Labor has only started to regularly audit and enforce ERISA compliance in the last few years.
We want to make sure our clients are ERISA compliant, and found that most vendors who produce these documents highly overcharge! That’s why we partnered up with an ERISA law firm to develop our own tool to produce both the plan document and SPD for a fraction of what we see employers being charged.
Let NHA produce your plan document and SPD for a low cost of $300 to setup, and $150 per year to update. To learn more about these documents and the non-compliance penalties click here.
Don’t be caught out of compliance, and don’t overpay for these documents. Call us today!
New Individual Marketplace Open Enrollment Period Dates Announced
Marketplace Special Enrollment Period Rules Also Modified
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has issued a final rule which, among other things, amends the timing of the annual Health Insurance Marketplace (“Marketplace”) open enrollment period for the 2018 plan year and modifies the rules for Marketplace special enrollment periods.
New Individual Marketplace Open Enrollment Period
The final rule changes the dates for open enrollment in the individual Marketplace for the 2018 plan year to November 1, 2017 through December 15, 2017 (consistent with the open enrollment period dates previously established for plan years starting in 2019 and beyond). The previously established open enrollment period for the 2018 plan year was scheduled to run from November 1, 2017 through January 31, 2018. Accordingly, this change will require individuals to enroll in coverage prior to the beginning of the year, unless they are eligible for a special enrollment period.
Modifications to Individual Marketplace Special Enrollment Periods
The final rule also makes the following modifications to Marketplace special enrollment period rules:
- Starting in June 2017, HHS will conduct pre-enrollment verification of eligibility for Marketplace coverage for all categories of special enrollment periods for all new consumers in all states served by the Healthcare.gov platform.
- The ability of existing Marketplace enrollees to change plan metal levels during the coverage year will be limited.
Issuers will be permitted to deny Marketplace special enrollment due to loss of minimum essential coverage where the issuer has a record of termination due to non-payment of premiums by the individual, unless obligations for premiums due for previous coverage are fulfilled.